Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sorry, it's been so long!

Life has become extremely busy. I have so much to update about, but if I really went into detail on every little thing, this would become the longest blog ever. So, what I'm thinking is this: I will use this post to briefly mention all the past and up & coming happenings, then as I find the time, I will dedicate later posts to the details of some of the more exciting events. So, here it goes...

* I finally had my postpartum checkup.

* We recently got together with some of our good friends (whom we haven't seen in a while), and we got to share in the joys of some AWESOME exciting news!

* I've started watching our friends' two kids - a 5 year old boy and his 3 year old sister.

* I'm diligently working on the start on my new decorating business, "A Kiss of Elegance."

* We attended our friends' baby blessing, and we loved being able to meet their beautiful baby girl.

* In celebration of Judah's 1st Superbowl, we attended the best Superbowl Party ever to be held in the HiStOrY of Superbowl parties and had an absolute blast.

* We went to the Jazz vs Bulls games - we lost, but it was possibly the best and most exciting game I've ever been to (and it was NOT because of the game)! lol.

* I had my wisdom teeth removed and 7 fillings all within a week's time.

* My sister set a date for her wedding, and we found her the most beautiful dress.

ANd, while I'm here, I'll take this time to share a little about my boy. Judah is growing so fast. I know it's cliche, but I seriously feel like it was just yesterday that I had him, and now he's 3 months & 1 week (or 14 weeks) old. He's wearing size 2 diapers, and he has completely grown out of his 0-3 months clothes :( In fact, we bought him a Jazz onesie for the game, and it was 6-9 months!

We had naked pics. taken, and the photographer could not believe how strong he is. He kept trying to sit up on his own, and every time she placed him on his tummy, he pulled himself up over the pillow. He really is too funny, and he's becoming more and more alert everyday. We're finally on a 3-4 hour schedule (which is SO much nicer than the 2 1/2-3 hour schedule - I actually feel that I have a break between feedings now), and he stays awake much longer during the day. He loves to play with his toy bug; he will seriously talk to and laugh at that things for the longest time - it's SO cute.

Finally, he now sleeps in his crib through the night. He's always been a good sleeper, but it has been so hard to get him to sleep the whole night through in his crib. It literally happened out of the blue. One night we tried to get him down for the night in his crib where he just cried for about 40+ minutes, fell to sleep, and woke 4 hours later, and the next night, we put him down for the night in his crib where he peacefully fell to sleep and did not wake until morning. It was the most amazing thing, and now he does it every night. We lay him down after his last feeding anywhere from 8PM - 11:30PM (depending on his feeding schedule for that day), and he wakes up anywhere from 7AM to 8:30AM. I feel beyond blessed to have such a beautiful, smart, healthy, happy, wonderful, loving little baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment