Sunday, December 12, 2010

TWO YEARS

Yesterday was my husband's and my 2 year wedding anniversary - wow, how the time flies. A lot has changed over this past year (with the birth of our son and all), but I'm so glad to say that my husband and I are just as much (if not more) in love today as we were six years ago. I really hit the jack-pot with Richard, and I am so blessed by my little growing family.

To celebrate this milestone in our lives, we wanted to do something special, but with our new baby, neither of us were up for doing anything big and fancy (or that required energy). Since Saturdays are Vertical Worship nights, we decided to go out Thursday while my mother-in-law watched Judah for us; while I know that he was in the most capable of hands, it was so hard for me to leave him for those few hours. It was the first time I had been away from him. Before Thursday, I hadn't even gone to the store without my precious baby boy, and as embarrassing as it is for me to admit, I cried once I got back out to the car. I did have a wonderful night, though, and my mother-in-law told me that he was on his very best behavior (not that he really ever has a bad behavior - we've been blessed with a terrific baby).



Anyway, our cousin, Natasha, was able to get us discounted tickets to see "White Christmas" at Pioneer Theatre Company, and I absolutely LOVED the show. I grew up watching the movie every Christmas Eve, and to see it live was spectacular - I was so excited. We also ate dinner at Sizzler (it's my favorite), and we watched the lights at Valley Fair Mall. Even though we missed our boy very much, and we kept imitating him all night, it was nice to get out together - just the two of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment