Here are a few of the updates:
1. Breastfeeding has become much easier. He is now nursing with or without the nipple shield and easily switching among bottle, Binky, and breast with no hesitations. My only complaint here is that he bites. My nipples are seriously ready to fall off from all of his biting. And for those of you saying, "just wait 'til he has teeth..." he's got them! YES, I know how incredibly young he is, but I guess this is just one are in which he takes after his momma - I was born with 4 teeth. He has 3 of them. They haven't come through completely yet, but they are in enough that you can clearly see their little white nubs, and they are quite sharp.
2. Judah is SO very strong for his age. Not only has he been holding his head up since birth (yes, since BIRTH), but he locks his legs and stands on them. Of course, he doesn't exactly have his balance down enough yet, so his standing is assisted, but he's been doing this assisted standing for about 3 weeks now. The other night, Richard was holding him, and he started making walking motions. My mother-in-law said that Daniel was walking at 7 months, so perhaps he will be an early walker like Uncle Dan. We've also had to stop swaddling him because he always punches his way out of the swaddle regardless of how tight we make it (he HATES his arms covered). My little man definitely has a mind of his own.
3. His circumcision is fully healed now - such a relief.
4. We started trying to sleep him in his bassinet this week (attempting to prepare him for his crib). He was not having it, though. Last night he cried for thirty-plus minutes before I finally brought him to bed with me, where of course, he fell immediately to sleep. I'm thinking we're just going to have to put him in his crib and let him cry himself to sleep until he learns to be comfortable with it. I just can't listen to him do it - he breaks my heart, and I cave in.
5. I've learned to angle his penis down in his diapers. Since this discovery, we have had zero "pee all over everything except my diaper" episodes. YEAH!! Now, if we could just figure out how to keep him from peeing DURING diaper changes, we'd have a lot less laundry.
6. He spits up a lot. I suppose that's normal, but it's really A LOT. I'm hoping he grows out of that soon. Oh, and he get the hiccups ALL the time - poor guy.
7. We set up the Christmas tree, and Judah LOVES the lights. We laid him under the tree, and he started to cry when we tried to take him away. He's so funny that way. So, we laid him back, and he just stared and stared. He also reached for a couple of the bulbs, but they were too high for his grasp. :) I can't wait until Christmas. I know that he will not remember it, but I will.
To close, here are a few of his (and mine) favorite things:
Cuddle U Pillow
Play Yard changing table
Diaper Genie Swing/infant seat